Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Now that I've caught up on my sleep I can give you a better wrap up of the weekend =)

Our Friday afternoon happy "hour" was fun, but I left early because I had a million errands to run for the party. The only thing I did Friday night was go to Wal-Mart, clean my house, and go to bed early. Fun times!

The party was really fun, we had about 25 people show up so good thing we had TONS of food! We cooked quail, duck, and shrimp, it was fantastic. The boys did a great job with the grilling. I took care of the inside cooking and made Tomato/Feta Bruschetta (it was gone in about 10 minutes), Oven Roasted Rosemary Potato Wedges, Fruit & Veggie trays, all kinds of different Hummus & Salsas, a Garlic Herb Cheese Ball, sausage and cheese tray, and I baked homemade brownies and cookies for dessert. I wish I would have taken a picture of the table before everyone attacked it, it was completely full!
As you can see from the pictures posted yesterday, my prediction was right, the boys stayed outside and the girls stayed inside as usual! We were telling some pretty funny stories so it was probably a good thing.

Jeff and I picked Millie up from the vet yesterday afternoon and she is doing much better. She's so happy to be home all she wants to do is cuddle and be held. She slept with me in my bed last night but around 2:30 in the morning I had to put her in her room because she was trying to sleep on my head! I didn't want to be the girl who was suffocated by her cat in her sleep =)
She's still walking pretty slow and I can tell her little feet are sore but I'm sure she'll be back to her fun little self in a few days.
My Statistics book came in the mail this weekend. I'm afraid....very afraid. I've got a take-home Final to work on this week for my class that I'm in now then my new one starts on March 9th. Then it's 8 weeks of H-E-Double Hockey Sticks!

So Lent is almost here, is anyone giving anything up? I give up sugar every year but I think I want to switch it up this year. I didn't eat sugar for the entire month of January and 1/2 of February so I feel like I've already done that. Plus I'm going to do my big diet again in May before we go to Italy. So this year I'm thinking about doing one of these:

1. Making myself study for at least an hour EVERY DAY
2. Giving up cussing. It's not that I cuss like a sailor or anything. But you know how when you're in traffic and someone cuts you off and that's like your first automatic reaction? I always feel bad about it so I want to break that bad habit.
3. Giving up the luxury of skipping planned workouts. Again, this doesn't happen often, but for some reason I sometimes get lazy after I've been keeping up with them for a long time.
Who knows, maybe I'll do all three. Jeff is thinking about giving up red meat or caffeine. I'll let you know which one he does and how it goes because it's probably going to be funny!

I love that giving something up for Lent really reminds me how much Jesus sacrificed for me. When I give up sugar I always think "Oh my gosh this is so hard, I want that cookie!" And then I think "Wow, that was dumb, that's so minute compared to what He did for me. I can handle one less cookie!"

Speaking of cookies! Guess what arrived at my desk today?
Thanks right, it's Girl Scout cookie delivery day! And it's so funny that they arrive RIGHT before Lent every year. When I worked at my old job, I made the girls in my office hide them and lock them in a drawer. Then after Easter, they couldn't remember where they hid them. (I'm thinking they ate them and lied about it!)

I ordered one box of Tagalongs (my favorite) and one box of the new sugar free Chocolate Chips. One good and one evil!


See why I'm not giving up sugar? =)
I received my first Blog Award today from Angela Darling at http://20-somethingdreams.blogspot.com/. Thank you, that was so sweet of you, I love your blog too!

5 comments:

Alison said...

I am so jealous of your Girl Scout Cookies!! My nieces didn't do Girl Scouts this year, so alas, no cookies for me :(

Jenn said...

I am giving up coffee. YIKES! Not caffeine as a whole just all java. I truly believe this will be my toughest Lent ever. But that's what it's about, right?

Anonymous said...

Girl Scout cookies! I love them! Has anyone tried the new caramel ones they started this year?

Natalie said...

No, haven't tried them yet but I LOVE caramel! So dangerious! =)

Chanel Fashionista said...

tagalongs are my favorite too!