Monday, February 23, 2009

Sounds Like a Plan!

One of the reasons I want to give up skipping workouts for Lent is because I have a LOT of races planned this year, as you can see in my Upcoming Events section to the right of my blog. I'm kind of being crazy this year and planning on running my first 10K ever as the first event! And also, it's probably one of the toughest ones I could have signed up for. Tons of hills because it's in Eureka Springs, which if you've ever been to, you know that it's ALL HILLS! And not only is it hilly, it's also an hour away. Which gives me an hour to get reeeeeallly nervous and possible turn around and go home...j/k!
Here is the course...




Looks fun huh?

So obviously, I'm going to have to add a LOT more running into my training plans for the next couple of weeks to get ready. I feel like I'm already "in shape" endurance-wise, I just need to get my legs used to long distance running again. I think the Garmin will help, it should be arriving this week and I'm excited to try it out.

Here is my schedule for this week:

Monday: BodyPump (5:30am) **Done!**

Tuesday: BodyAttack (5:30am), 2 mile Incline Run + PiYo (5:00pm)

Wednesday: BodyPump + 3 mile Run (5:30am) **I may add an extra run in here or move the morning one to the afternoon because it's supposed to be 65 degrees and sunny!

Thursday: 5 mile Run (5:30am) I'm excited for this one! Pilates (5:30pm) **I'm trying to add flexibility back into my life!

Friday: BodyPump (5:30am)

Saturday: BodyAttack (9:15am), 4 mile Run (3:00pm)

Sunday: BodyCombat (2:30pm) **Combat is a "maybe" right now, that class has been ridiculously full on Sundays. 4 mile Run (4:00pm)

I'm also going to add more fruits and vegetables into my diet to give me some more "good carbs" for endurance.

No comments: