Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Decoration Updates as Promised =)

Since my cocktail party is this weekend (AHHH, freaking out, so much to do!), I spent my birthday money today on some wall art and other little odds and ends (some serving dishes & a vase). So as promised, here are the pictures! Tell me what you think, be brutally honest! As I walk through my house some of it seems out of place to me but that might just be because it's all new and I'm not used to it?

Entryway, what you see right when you walk in the door...


Guest bathroom...




Part of the living room (I still think I desperately need some curtains over this window?)...


Other side of the living room (Does the placement alright? I kind of made them match the shelves on the wall to the side)...


Master bedroom (FINALLY some art in my room!)...


And just another random vase for one of the side tables in the living room...

Phew! Nesting is hard work!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dunno know what it is about it, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE that vase in the bathroom. I also loved the pictures above the bed. Where did you get these?

Natalie said...

Thanks! I got both of those from a place called I.O. Metro. They go all over the world picking out really unique things and they sell them here for really good prices. Like 1/2 my house is from that store, even my dining room table!

http://www.io-metro.com/home.asp

Alison said...

Awesome choices Natalie! Everything looks really good.

I also have a suggestion for window treatments in your living room - in my house we just bought curtain "scarves" and simply draped them over a curtain rod. We already had blinds for the window (as you do) so this just added a nice decorative touch. I bet you could find some to match the red curtains you already have hanging up. Plus, scarves are so much cheaper since you only have to buy one :)

Fitnessista said...

your house is gorgeous!
and yes, i have a shiba inu too :D
hope you have a wonderful day!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

I love it!!! This definitely not a palette I would pick (I don't think I'm brave enough to go bold), but I'm obsessing about it in your house! It looks amazing!

Simply Me said...

very very VERY cute!!! very homey- which is totally the look I go for! I can't stand bland, cold or industrial!!!
Great choices