Thursday, February 26, 2009

5 Miles...Check!

Kitty ate my headphones last night and I had to run 5 miles this morning on the treadmill without music! So not cool. But I did it! 55 minutes, pretty slow, but at least I did it. And I ran 3 miles yesterday afternoon plus stadium stairs. So that's a lot for me, I don't really consider myself a "runner" because I do a lot more cross training than running. I'm more of a fair weathered runner, I only like to if it's nice outside and I have a lot of energy.



We had date night last night, I cooked some yummy salmon, fresh green beans, and oven roasted rosemary potatoes. It was a very pretty plate, I wish I had taken a picture! Then we cracked open some Gnarly Head (Old Vine Zinfandel) and watched Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist. It was pretty funny. Then I went outside and acquired the satellites for my Garmin!! Yes, it came in finally! It's sooooo cool, I can't wait to use it tomorrow. I think I've finally set it up the way I like it. Time/Distance/Calories/Pace is how I have the main screen set up.


I've got a pretty easy day today. I have to work on my take-home final, I've got a couple of meetings, Pilates tonight, and of course Grey's Anatomy. Then tomorrow is FRIDAY, woo hoo! Jeff and I and a couple of our friends are going to see a show at the Walton Arts Center tomorrow night called The Passing Zone. I'm very curious to see what the heck this is, it's a chain saw juggling comedy act...yeah. My first question was whether or not we're sitting in the first rows. Should be interesting!

I'm getting really sore already from this morning and yesterday afternoon's run...no bueno, I hope I can move tomorrow! Definitely need to take a LOT of L-Glutamine today and tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow 5 miles... with no music? I know I couldn't do that! I would consider you a runner if you ran 5 miles... even if it's not daily! GOOD FOR YOU!

Jenny said...

5 miles in 55 minutes is good to us weaklings! LOL I love to run, but am slowly building up to running straight for 2 miles. Good job.