Thursday, February 5, 2009

Operation Decoration

I've had so much going on lately (ex - I'm currently burried up to my eyeballs with my research paper and some big projects at the office) that I keep forgetting about the Cocktail Party I'm hosting at my house in a couple of weeks. I've really got to get on the ball with planning everything and I want to add some stuff to my house before then. I bought my house in May and decorated as much as I could before I threw a big birthday party for Jeff in July. Since then, I've been kind of slacking because I didn't have any parties or anything big planned in the winter time. So I feel like my house is kind of 1/2 way done.

For my birthday (next Tuesday, AHHH!) I asked my parents to just give me money to help finish decorating before the party. I need wall art for my master bedroom (it has NOTHING), a floor lamp for my living room (I've decided there is not enough lighting), more wall art and curtains for the living, etc. So I'll be shopping for these things hopefully starting next week.
Here are some current pictures of my 1/2 way house...hee hee:
Entryway...

Living Room (And Vincent posing as usual)...
Dining Room (there are two more chairs that go with this table but I hadn't bought them yet in this picture)...
Kitchen...
Master Bedroom (desperately needs some color!)...

Guest Bedroom (Currently belonging to the new kitten)...

Guest Bathroom...

Office (I would like to add a treadmill to this room very soon!)...

And last but not least, the Backyard (my favorite hang out in the summertime!)...
So as you can see, I just need a few more touches of color and lighting and linens to make me feel like it's "complete". I absolutely love my house and am so blessed with such a safe wonderful place to live.

As far as food goes, I think we're going to make some quail, filet mignon, and shrimp skewers on the grill, cocktails (obviously), chips and lots of different kinds of dips, veggie & fruit trays, basil/tomato bruschetta, maybe a meat and cheese tray, and a selection of desserts. The food list is still in the works, I'm trying to figure out how many are coming (I did an Evite but some people are still trying to find babysitters and things like that) so that I'll know how many I need to prepare for. Did I mention I LOVE planning things? =)

9 comments:

Brittney said...

Your house is decorated so nicely!

quite contrary said...

Your house is so cute! I wish I owned my own house! Your party food sounds delish...post pics!

Unknown said...

I think it looks great! Love your kitchen table!!!

Alison said...

Oh my gosh your house is like the exact same layout as mine! Maybe we had the same builder ;) But I am sooo jealous of your fence - we are not allowed to have fences in our subdivions, arg!!!

You decorate beautifully - I'd say the house hardly needs anything more!

Anonymous said...

I am so there with you on the whole planning of every and anything! I love your furniture and that dining room table! Good luck with the rest of your decorating and party planning:)

Meagan said...

I love your home, its gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful home. You're doing an excellent job decorating so far. You'll have to show us more pics when you have more done

Anonymous said...

Your house DOES look gorgeous, but yeah I am one for lots of bright jump-out-at-you colours.

Would look stunning... post more when you're done!

Natalie said...

Thank you guys so much! I will definitely post pics of the progress and will probably ask your opinions to decide what to get! I'm usually the annoying girl in the store taking pictures of things before I buy them...sales people love it...NOT! =)