Friday, February 6, 2009

Let the Partying Begin!


My birthday isn't till Tuesday but we're starting the par-tay TOMORROW...and I think it's going to last till next Sunday since we've got 10 couples going to the horse races on Valentines weekend now! I can't wait! My parents are coming up tomorrow to take me and Jeff to Bordino's for my first birthday dinner....YUM! I already know what I'm getting....Filet w/ Gargonzola Butter & Veggies...YUMMMMMMMMMM! I promise I will take pictures, I need to be better about documenting my weekends, I always forget.
The last time I had a big birthday dinner with my parents and a bunch of friends at Bordino's, they made me wear THIS!
Let's hope that isn't repeated this year.

I will have earned my big birthday meal because Saturday morning I'm going to the Les Mills Launch at my gym. They release a new version of all the workout classes about every month and 1/2 and my gym makes a big deal about it and puts on a fun show on the whole basketball court. There are always TONS of people there for them because non-members are invited too. It's SO fun! I'm going to do the BodyAttack & BodyCombat Launches...yeah, that's 2 whole hours of the toughest cardio you can imagine. And the instructors already warned us that they're the hardest releases yet. They were all crying in pain last week just from practicing. The classes I'm going to start at 9 so I need to get up at 8 to get a protein shake and Cytolean supplement in before I go.

Speaking of protein shakes...I have found a new protein powder that is doing WONDERS for my body. I've got so many "Wow, your muscles look awesome" compliments at the gym (everyone I work out with is so sweet) and I can honestly say I see a difference too. I mix 2 scoops with Benefiber and 16 oz. of unsweetened soy milk (Silk) and blend it up. As you can see, the nutrition facts are fantastic. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nb/lowcarb.html
Calories 200Calories from Fat 0Total Fat 0 g 0%Saturated Fat 0 g 0%Cholesterol 5 mg 2%Sodium 320 mg 15%Potassium 750 mg 20%Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%Sugars 0 gProtein 50 g

Just a little note...Most people don't realize that just because something has a ton of protein in it that your body will absorb all of it. This protein has 50 grams per serving...that's a LOT. This is why I add Benefiber...the body cannot absorb all that protein without added fiber...it will just go right through you. I learned that little fact a couple of months ago and thought I would pass it along!

I've been really consistent with my workouts lately. In fact, I took a day off yesterday because I realized I had worked out for 8 days straight. I figured I would need a little rest before Saturday's killer 2 hour session!

So besides the fun stuff on Saturday...the NOT SO FUN stuff will be a plenty too =( I've got so much to do on my research paper. And I soooooo don't want to do it. I'll be really glad when it's over.


I'm still going over my resources, it's so hard to narrow it down because she gave us a REALLY broad topic. I asked her some questions about it in class last Monday and I'm glad I did because I wasn't really headed in the right direction with it.


We've got a lot of people out today in our department so it's pretty quiet at work. Today is Go Red day so I'm wearing my red! We've got a Women's Network Healthy Heart Seminar today along with a provided heart healthy lunch.
Everyone have a lovely heart healthy Friday! =)

5 comments:

Pink Bliss said...

I hope you have a wonderful Pre-birthday weekend celebration!!! You are so inspiring with your workouts! I was very consistent, even had a trainer, but then I broke my foot. Ugh.. And I have been out of the cast for two weeks, but sticking to pilates and arm weights. I may be coming to you for some exercise advice!!

Natalie said...

Thanks girl! You broke your foot? OUCH! Injuries are so annoying. I hope you get better soon. I would love to help you out anytime!

Alison said...

You are so disciplined - I love it! And that is so true about too much protein just going "right through you".... my husband does the protein shake thing, and for a while, it was... shall we say, smelly.

Anyways, I hope you have a fabulous birthday weekend/week! Enjoy that steak!!!

Anonymous said...

I could never do the protein shake thing. Happy Happy Happy Birthday girl!!! And YAY for the new Coachalicious purse:)
Check out my blog when you can. I am having my first ever give away!!!

Meagan said...

I hope you have a happy bday celebration!