Wednesday, February 4, 2009

1/2 Way There

I can't believe we're already 1/2 way through the week! It's going by way too fast and I have NOT gotten enough done =( I'm going to have to step it up the rest of the week or I will be losing sleep!

I'm working from home today, very relaxing. I'm getting my hot water heater fixed (pilot light won't stay lit), doing laundry, and cleaning the house. Vincent is outside playing in the yard, he somehow managed to sneak his teddy bear outside with him. He always tries but has never succeeded, not sure how I missed it, it's a big white bear!

Tonight is Date Night and I'm making Angel Chicken Pasta at Jeff's request. I can't have the pasta so I'll be pairing my chicken with veggies. This is one of Jeff's FAVORITE recipes that I make...

ANGEL CHICKEN PASTA

Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Ready In: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Servings: 6

"Bake chicken breasts in a delectably rich sauce made of butter, dry Italian salad dressing mix, wine, golden mushroom soup and cream cheese with chives. Serve over angel hair pasta for a dish that is fit for your most elegant dinner parties."

Ingredients:
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup butter
1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad
dressing mix
1/2 cup white wine
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden
mushroom soup
4 ounces cream cheese with chives
1 pound angel hair pasta

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the package of dressing mix. Blend in wine and golden mushroom soup. Mix in cream cheese, and stir until smooth. Heat through, but do not boil. Arrange chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour sauce over.
3. Bake for 60 minutes in the preheated oven. Twenty minutes before the chicken is done, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 5 minutes. Drain. Serve chicken and sauce over pasta.

YUM


I bought an accessories kit for my Nikon D40 off of Amazon.com today. I got all of this for $45! (on sale from $75) It comes with a big professional tripod, mini tripod, camera case, image recall software, and a cleaning kit. I think I'll use the mini tripod a lot in Italy, that will be cool for neat couples shots of Jeff and I. And then I won't have to worry about some random running off with my camera when I ask someone to take a picture of us!

Before we leave in June I want to get some filters, a wide angle lens, and a wireless remote. Then I'll be set!

1 comment:

Simply Me said...

I love your blog!!! Consider me a new daily follower- I can't wait for new updates!
Looks like we have a ton in common and I look forward to getting to know you better!!

Kate