Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Very Special Birthday Message

Hola! I've been in a conference for work all day and boy am I worn out! My back hurts from sitting in a chair all day =(

Only one more day of work then we're off to the horse races, woo hoo!!! We're all so excited about it. And Hillary and Tara and I are going to see "He's Just Not That Into You" tomorrow night so I'm pumped about that as well, what a fun week!

I have some very exciting news to share but can't do it until it's "official", so stay tuned! (No I'm not engaged!)

I got a very sweet birthday card in the mail today from a good friend and the last paragraph just about made me cry...

Not sure if that picture will load large enough to read, so this is what it says...

"On your birthday, I hope everyone reminds you what a beautiful person you are. You are warm, beautiful, sweet, funny, and smart. But I think your best quality is that you exude happiness. You always seem to find the good in people, challenges, and life--and you bring it out in all of them. I've always admired that about you, and it's probably why you are so magnetic! People are better off for having known you, and I hope you realize that."

How special is that? I am beyond touched by his words and I hope I live up to them every single day.

I am so lucky to have such sweet friends and this just reminded me how important it is to tell your friends and family how much they mean to you. I really want to try to keep up with my friends more and make them feel as loved as this card made me feel.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That movie was soooo sweet--especially the ending :)

Anonymous said...

gotta love friendships:) Hope you have fun at the movie. Have not seen yet:( I know, totally unamerican.

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. Hope you had a wonderful birthday, just like the card said.

Tim said...

I have to agree with him. I know that I havent known you all that long, and we are only bloggy friends, but you are exceptionally attractive as a person and from what I can tell so far all that is on the inside is just as beautiful if not more.

Happy Birthday!

Love and Prayers,

Tim