Monday, February 2, 2009

Ahhhh...Back to My Weekly Routine Finally!

I am so happy to be back at work today and I never thought I would hear myself say that! Seriously, I got kind of sick of working at home and being held hostage in my house all last week. I'm still glad I work one day from home a week but I wouldn't want to do that indefinitely. I need human interaction!

We had a team lunch at Shogun today and it was guuuuud! I got miso soup, chicken, shrimp, and vegetables (I always say no thank you to the rice), it was delish! I have class tonight so I'm going out to eat AGAIN for dinner (twice in one day? that never happens!). I think I'll go to Mimi's Cafe and get an egg white omlette or something healthy like that. I'm going to set up shop in the restaurant and start reviewing all the research articles for my paper due next Monday. I think I just killed a tree printing them off...oops. Yes, I got a late start. And yes, I could have used all the time at home last week but I didn't OK?! =)

We saw Slumdog Millionaire on Saturday night and it was awesome! I love movies that come together in the end and have a positive message. I went to the movie knowing nothing about the premise and was very pleasantly surprised, it's a really interesting movie that holds your attention the entire time.

The main girl in the movie (Frieda Pinto) is sooooo pretty! She made me want my long hair back. Indian women have such striking features and look so natural all at the same time.

I ended up not going to our friend's Super Bowl party (Jeff went though) and I didn't even watch it. I was finishing up school stuff all day and night...I think I finished around 8:00 and went straight to bed. I took a much needed study break yesterday afternoon and went for a really long run and ran stadium stairs. It was such a good workout and the weather was perfect! It was warm enough to wear shorts and a tank top. Only in Arkansas can we have an ice storm for 4 days then 60 degree weather afterward.

Speaking of weather, I'm annoyed at the groundhog for seeing his shaddow today, I don't want 6 more weeks of winter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for warm weather, boo for groundhog shadow. I really want to see Slumdog Millionaire, but my lil' college town is not showing it. They are also not showing Defiance, and after a nasty phone call to the cinema -don't worry, it was a machine- I am sure they will see my point. Geez! Good luck on your paper. Do not worry, I have killed at least a small forest of trees.

TexanCouture said...

I miss my long hair too! & I am very jealous you get to work from home, even if it is one day a week!

Anonymous said...

How can such a cute animal bring such horrible news? That's what I want to know! hehe

Alison said...

It was 45 here on Saturday - felt like summer, lol! And Punxatawny Phil is the cutest little fat thing ever! It's OK that he saw his shadow I guess, its not like spring starts until mid-March here in Michigan anyways :(

Nantucket Karen said...

Thank you for your review of Slumdog; just saw Revolutionary Road and I'm still depressed after a week! Need to see a HAPPY MOVIE!
p.s. Saw your before & after photos and I think you look adorable; the cut you have is sooo "in" right now.