Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Yes I Can!


Haha, a little political influence to the title today to go with Inaguration Day. I'm saying "Yes I CAN" stick to my goals and workout plan this week! As usual, I was in class till 10pm last night and I actually got up at 5am for BodyAttack this morning! I had a lot more energy once I got going than I thought I would. I was getting worried after skipping last Tuesday morning's due to extreme sleepiness from getting home from class so late but I think I'm getting used to it and now I know that it's actually possible!

But seriously, the only thing that really woke me up and made me super happy was the lovely espresso I had as soon as I got to work. Did I mention we sell Senseo and have access to every single kind that we make here? We have an actual "Senseo Room", it's pretty awesome. We also have access to all the bagels and bread that we make but I try to stay away from that as much as possible (even though it's SOOOOOO good), I allow myself a bagle every now and then (cinnamon raisin is my fav).




I decided yesterday that I'm going to have a Cocktail Party at my house in February! It will be a busy month with trips to the horse races and shows at the Walton Arts Center and MY BIRTHDAY but I thought I might as well pack one more thing in. I would like to just have a small get together now then have a bigger party for a housewarming that Jeff has been dying to throw later on. I would rather wait for that one until the weather warms up so everyone is not packed into my house like sardines!
So this should be fun, I'm pretty excited. The concept is, everyone brings a favorite drink recipe or one that they've always wanted to try. We'll also have lots of yummy food of course. I was thinking of doing a bunch of meat skewers on the grill like steak, shrimp, and quail (because we SHOULD have some left over, if not, Dad will just have to go hunting again!). And of course lots of good desserts and appetizers. There are a few more things I need to get for my house like some wall art for my bedroom and a floor lamp for the living room (needs more light) and little things like that. So I think that's what I'm going to ask my parents for for my birthday, then I'll have it in time for the party.
I'm working from home tomorrow so I'm excited about that. It will be a nice break in the week and a nice break in my wallet on gas money! I've also got a lot of studying to do this week and 2 papers to write.

No comments: