Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ouchy!

My calf muscles, specifically my left one, have been killing me since yesterday. I took some L-Glutamine and stretched last night but it didn't work for this morning. So I woke up at 8:00 (when I'm supposed to meet my trainer) and stretched it for about 30 minutes then went to the gym and did a BodyAttack class instead. It started to feel better after about 15 minutes of it but I'm sure now that I'm back at home not moving around much it will get tight after a while. So I must streeeeetch today!

Not really sure how I strained it so bad but I think it may have something to do with the fact that I did the Arc Trainer for the first time Thursday morning. I also had it on a really high incline setting. It's a fun machine and it definitely works but I should have eased into it.

BodyAttack turned out to be a great workout, class was pretty full. I'm glad I went instead of taking the day off to heal! Then after I came home I had the biggest plate of egg whites ever...seriously, I think I used like 8 eggs! I've started putting cracked garlic pepper in with them, it gives it a yummy little kick!

Jeff had a fun night out with the guys last night. I just stayed in with the puppy and kitty and rented "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2". It was cute, and a good update to the first movie, you definitely have to see the first one to follow along.

I think we're giong to go to a movie tonight. We've been wanting to see that Frost/Nixon movie, apparently it's a pretty interesting story. It was out in select theatres about a month ago and it's FINALLY made it everywhere this week. Plus our movie theatre has a fantastic coffee bar in it and I'm looking forward to an espresso! Yes, my name is Natalie and I have an addiction! =)

I think I'm going to go to BodyPump tomorrow just in case the freezing rain we're supposed to get comes early on Monday. And if it doesn't I'll just go again Monday morning (you can repeat classes like this because they use low weights and high reps). I think the bad stuff is supposed to come Tuesday morning but just in case, I'll get an extra workout in tomorrow, after brunch of course! I've also got to go grocery shopping this weekend, probably tomorrow so that everything will be fresh for the week.

I'm feeling really great on the last day of the diet, I made it down to 117 (I'm 5'3) and I'm very happy with that! My clothes are fitting much better (except for some work pants that I'm drowning in now) which really gives a lift to my spirits. It's not only about the way I look though, I also have a ton more energy, my muscles feel great, and my blood pressure is down. I'm definitely going to stick to doing this twice a year to make sure I stay on track as much as possible.

Well, I think I've procrastinated with blogging enough for today, I'm going to get back to my paper writing, have a fantastic day!

No comments: