Monday, January 26, 2009

Ice Storm on the Way!

Oh dear, there's an ice storm on the way, no bueno. They're predicting a quarter to an inch and a 1/2 of ice accumulation which means possible down power lines =( Our office is letting us go early because it's supposed to start this afternoon and they said it's going to get bad like instantly. I'm going to use my lunch hour to get gas, extra groceries, and some WINE! And if I have any time in Fayetteville I'll go get some movies maybe? Although I didn't see much of a selection this weekend.
I was in the last ice storm of 2000 (I think that's the right year) in Fort Smith and it was not fun! We lost power for like 2 days and it was coooooold!

I just e-mailed my two papers in for class that are due today because I'm guessing we're not having class. Hopefully there will be an opportunity to make up attendance points. I worked on my papers all weekend and finally got them done around 7:00 last night,

not bad!

I've decided I need to get a bigger desk in my office at home. I like the one I have because it's got a lot of shelving and it's pretty skinny so it leaves a lot of room. But I really need more desk space to spread out books and use my laptop, things like that. I had to move to my kitchen table this weekend. So I guess I may switch my desk out with a bigger one I have in my room at my parent's house in Fort Smith. My mother with be happy, I think she's phasing me out and making it a nice guest room! Haha!


My home computer is about to crash, my friend worked on it a little bit this weekend and he said he needs to do a major overhaul on it. I can't even get on the internet with it right now so thank goodness for my work laptop!

We didn't do too much this weekend. Jeff had his guys night Friday night, then Saturday we went out to eat at Marketplace then saw Frost/Nixon. It was a good movie but you definitely have to be a history buff to like it. We were one of two couples in the theatre that weren't actually old enough to experience the whole Nixon thing!

Yesterday Jeff and I had the BEST brunch EVER at Soul. We didn't end up going to Copeland's because we didn't want to drive the 30 miles because it was freezing yesterday. Plus we really wanted to try a new restaurant. Thank goodness we did, it was amazing and we now have a new favorite brunch spot! Here is what we had...
Me:
Grilled Shrimp and Sweet Basil Omelet
Grilled shrimp chopped with fresh basil, roasted tomatoes, and folded into a three egg omelet
Jeff:
Chairman’s Reserve Beef Tenderloin Stacker
Scrambled eggs, thin slices of beef tenderloin, hashed potatoes with our signature bleu cheese sauce
We were very pleased!

Well, I'm going to try and get things tied up here at work so I can start preparing for Ice Storm 2009! Have a great day and stay safe!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

We are supposed to get a very bad ice storm as well. I am hoping work is canceled tomorrow. I love your kitchen table, by the way!