Monday, January 19, 2009

I Cheated!

I cheated on my diet Saturday night (oops) by having some oily dressing on my Sirloin Salad and 2 glasses of wine. But I've already lost the whole 0.8 of a pound that I gained from it so HA! At least I didn't give in to the tempting beer battered french fries sitting on Jeff's plate next to me....very yummy looking! We had so much fun, there were about 10 of us at dinner then we went to the Wine Cellar (a really cool new wine bar downtown) and met up with Greg and Kara. I was laughing so hard at everything (may have been the wine), it's definitely been too long since I've been out! Oh and I got to wear my new boots so that was fun! =)


We didn't do much Friday night, we rented that movie "Swing Vote" or something like that and I fell asleep in the middle of it around 9:00. It wasn't a bad movie, I just get so tired around 9 now, my body is really getting used to going to bed at that time and waking up early. (I'm old) And sure enough, I woke up BEFORE the alarm Saturday morning to go to Boot Camp. It was a great workout, I just wish my endurance would improve a little. It's not what it usually is because I'm not getting enough carbs right now.


Today is actually a company holiday but my department had to come in and get some work done. Luckily our boss is letting us go around lunch time (yay!) so I get to go home and take a nap before class tonight, that will be nice. THEN, I get to start working from home on Wednesday's this week, that will be so nice! I'll save on gas and a little bit of sleep in the morning! Plus, Wednesday's are Date Nights for Jeff and I so I'll be able to spend more time cooking (or learning how to cook) yummy meals for us! =)


Our first Date Night after the diet I'm going to try to make quail. Dad brought us back about 30 pounds of quail and pheasant from a hunting trip a couple of weeks ago and it's been sitting in my freezer waiting on me. Jeff already had some and said it was really good. I've had it in restaurants before and loved it so I'm excited.



Well, I'm going to finish up here at work then head home to make some lunch and take a nice little nap before class. Thank goodness I've finished my paper due today and I don't have much studying to do this week (except for writing two papers due next Monday, but I'm not going to start thinking about that till tomorrow!) so I can relax this afternoon. Ahhhhh....

No comments: