Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a Mess!












I saw these pictures on a local photographer's blog today, they really show what a mess our city is right now. Pretty much everywhere you go looks like this. Thankfully my house was untouched because it's a brand new subdivision with no big trees yet. It's pretty depressing driving around though. Most people still don't have power from Monday and they're estimating that they won't get it back until mid-February! I would die.
We went to Outback with Tara and Ben last night, it was so fun and I laughed so hard the entire time! We always have fun with them! They haven't had power all week and they're neighborhood got hit reeeeally bad, I couldn't believe some of the pictures. They're trying to clean some of it up today. They also got a generator yesterday so at least they have a little bit of power and warmth now.
The good thing is, it's supposed to get up to 60 degrees today, so that's much better than sitting in freezing cold houses all day and all night.
I had a fantastic workout in BodyAttack today and I'm officially lost all my "Ice Storm weight", hee hee. My trainer said that your body goes into starvation mode when something like that happens, which would explain the wanting to eat everything in sight all week long! But it's all good, at least I didn't have anything unhealthy in the house to go crazy with!
Tomorrow is Super Bowl Sunday! It so doesn't even feel like the weekend right now, my days are so thrown off. We're going to a party at a friends house but we probably won't stay long since I get up at 5am and I've got class the next night till 10pm. Sleep is priority on Sunday nights! =) Speaking of school, I have a ton of reading to do this weekend and 1 little paper to write. Good thing I have 3 days including Monday to get it done, I'm not in the mood to do any hard core studying this weekend. Hopefully after I get back into my routine I'll have a little more motivation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes - that looks very cold! You should read some of my recent posts so you can think warm! Love your blog AND your workout routine!