Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cabin Fever Setting In!





Well we are deep into an ice storm, pretty much everyone has lost power at some point in the day or for good. Luckily I slept right through my power outage this afternoon when I was taking a nap! =) It's crazy, there is ice everywhere and it's pretty much rained all through the night and all day so it's just going to freeze more.

The crappy thing is that my satellite doesn't work with all the ice on it. I've been watching DVD's of Sex & the City. I'm thinking it's going to be an all chick flick night, especially since I'll be missing a new episode of my beloved 90210 and Real Housewives of Orange County =( Good thing they replay the crap out of those shows on the weekend, I'm sure I'll have opportunities to catch up!

I really haven't done much at all today. I was busy working this morning but that slowed down after noon, I took a nap, and I've been eating waaaaaay too much. I've been eating healthy foods, just too many of them. What's with being stuck at home in an ice storm that makes you want to eat everything in sight? Must be the fight or flight thing? Hehe

I need to be catching up on my readings for class but I just can't make myself do it quite yet. I also need to do something active, I've been entirely too lazy today. I should do one of my cardio DVD's or something. However, the bottle of wine in the fridge that I started on last night is calling my name! What's with being stuck at home in an ice storm that makes you want to drink everything in sight? HA!

Today is Vincent's birthday! He's a whole 7 years old (I think) and I made him eggs and bacon for breakfast! He's been going crazy in the backyard, it's soooo funny to watch him walk on ice, he's so dainty!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

I love a good day in. We got an ice storm, but it obviously was not near what you got. We had a 3 hour delay for work, so I am just working 11-4... not too bad!

Natalie said...

I'm so bored, I haven't left my house since Monday afternoon! My power went out last night till 4 in the morning and it was cooooold!