Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Town Looks Like a Tim Burton Movie




Ok, so the ice storm turned out to be really really really bad! I've been stuck in my house for 4 days, power has been off and on, most people haven't had power for DAYS and the electric companies are estimating Saturday or the middle of February that they'll get it back! It's insane. I've been working from home the entire time with the exception of all morning yesterday because the internet was down everywhere.

Luckily, the sun came out this morning and started to melt some of it but after driving around this afternoon and tonight it looks like it really didn't do much. Most of my neighborhood lost power today too, my street and the street behind me are the only ones that have been holding strong this whole time. Jeff has lost power a lot and he's only 2 streets away from me!

When I saw that the sun came out today, I called the tanning salon and my gym and thank GOODNESS they were finally open! So I had a nice little tanning session then got my butt to BodyCombat and BodyPump. It was an awesome workout. I was getting really sick of working out at home. It really makes you thankful for the little things like classes at your gym, a hot shower, and HEAT! There were so many people there just taking showers, getting warm, and working on their laptops. The news said there are hundreds of thousands of people without power right now. They've declared our state a disaster or state of emergency or something.

Jeff and I went to Chili's after we worked out so we could use one of the gift cards I got for Christmas (I hate Chili's btw) and there were a ton of people there that said they didn't have power. It was so sad. There was a cute little older couple there that asked for a piece of warm chocolate cake to take home and enjoy together in the cold! =(

Not sure if I'm going to work tomorrow, what's one more day anyway?! I have a big conference call at 9:30 so I'm thinking it might be better to just do it from home. Might have less distractions here. I guess I should be getting to bed, it's almost 11:00! Everyone have a good night, and if you're in the ice storm, be safe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the sun, boo about chilis. I hope your weekend keeps melting. I have tagged you on my blog, check it out when you can.

That Pink Girl said...

Yuck - sorry y'all got hit so hard. Here's hoping life gets back to normal in your neck o' the woods - SOON!