Monday, March 2, 2009

Running and Reality TV...The Perfect Combination

Well, I ran my 5.5 miles yesterday and my legs were soooo sore. I really didn't think I was going to make it past 2 miles, it felt like my calves were ripping every stride I took. But I pushed through and I did it! I pretty much ran 8/10th's of then walked 2/10th's and repeated that the entire time. Which, it really hurt to switch up my pace like that but when I walked really long strides it stretched my calves out and I probably really needed that. Anyway, by the time I got done grocery shopping and got home I could barely walk. I was hobbling around my house all night, Vincent was very confused and he wanted to play! So I took a TON of L-Glutamine and it pretty much saved me because I woke up this morning and I was about 1/2 as sore as I was the night before, allowing me to go to BodyPump this morning, woo hoo! I increased my weight this morning on chest, back, triceps, and biceps so I may be sore on top tomorrow too, does it ever end? (No)



Tonight is my last class for this half of the semester! I turn in my Final and we're having some last discussions and PIZZA! (Yes, I'm already saving up calories for it!) I pretty much knocked out my take home Final at work last Friday afternoon. Friday afternoons tend to be kind of slow around here so I took advantage of the quiet office and free time and got the entire thing written so that I wouldn't have to worry about it all weekend. I'm really glad I did! All I had left was a little bit of editing which didn't take too long. So, I'm DUNZO!



Mom and Dad and their friends came up yesterday for the Razorback basketball game yesterday. It was a big deal because the 1994 championship team and Nolan Richardson were there to be honored, so you could go and get signatures and things like that before the game. They took Jeff and I out to lunch and we had a fun time catching up!



Did anybody watch the Girl's Next Door last night? That was weird, you could tell Holly was probably starting to date Chris Angel during that show because her style of clothing went from like argyle sweaters and pearls to nothing but Ed Hardy t-shirts and hoodies.




And I really thought that Kendra's new show was going to be dumb (and it might be) but I CRACKED UP watching the previews when her Corgi fell in the pool and she freaked out and jumped in to get him. He was treading water in one spot like "uhhhh, where do I go now?"...seriously, you just have to see it, I was still laughing as I got into bed last night. Probably because it's exactly what I would do, Vincent is my child. And I'm not really sure if he can swim? We used to have a little Scottie dog that sunk every time she tried, so maybe all short-legged doggies can't?

6 comments:

LWLH said...

Her & Chris Angel broke up, so I wonder what she's gonna do now?

Unknown said...

Funny... I thought the same thing about Holly. It was still sad that all his girls were leaving. Even tho its reality TV =) OMG I was cracking up about the dog in the pool. I Totally would have done the same... my hubby had to come see what I was laughing at ! =)

Jenny said...

Man that whole last show was so staged, you could tell, especially at the end when the twins came into the theater and said..'OH, hi Hef!" Like they didn't expect his old ass to be in his own movie theater. My lord.

LOL

I think Kendra's show looks funny! I about died gigling at her corgie. hahaha

Anonymous said...

Is it nerdy to admit I was a little sad when the show ended last night? As for Kendra, I about peed myself when she jumped in the pool after her corgi! Speaking of the G.N.D.- I can't stand those twins for some reason.

Jenn said...

Just had to ask is Vincent a Sheba Inu? He is just too adorable!

Natalie said...

Yep, he sure is, Thank you!