Monday, March 9, 2009

Sprung Foward

Spring begins officially next week and boy did it feel like it was already here this weekend! It was a gorgeous day yesterday and I went on a 6 mile run in the sun with my Garmin. That thing is awesome, it's seriously the coolest thing ever invented in my book. There is no way I would have ever known what 6 miles actually was without it and it really holds me accountable. I feel like it's my own little personal trainer on my wrist telling me how I'm doing and pushing me to go farther. My route was pretty random yesterday. I ran up and down the running trail a couple of times and through some neighborhoods around mine. I always pretend I'm looking at houses and it makes the time go faster. There are some really nice ones around my house so it's fun!




I love uploading my Garmin stats on SportTracks. It's cool to see all of my workouts and the total number of calories burned and all of that good stuff from week to week. And as you can see, I've made my dashboard PINK! =)

Tonight is the beginning of my new class! Yes, I'm scared but I know if I work hard (and of course I will!), I'll be fine. All I have to do is use my available time wisely, like when I work from home on Wednesday's and on the weekends. That's 3 big days of free time to study. I feel like I have a good routine down during the week but I need to be more consistent on the weekend. I take way too many naps on the weekend. I slept for like 4 hours straight yesterday, it was ridiculous. But I had lots of energy for my run afterward!


The baseball game was really fun on Saturday, it was really windy though. We had a lot of friends come out and sit with us and Jeff's parents came by for a while. Then after the game Jeff and I went to Mermaids for dinner. I had never been there before and it was pretty good! I got some yummy salmon and everything came out in fish shaped plates, gotta love that!


We were pretty tired after dinner (it was only like 6:30) so we went to Hastings and rented a couple of movies, I only lasted through one. We watched Miracle at St. Anna's. It was really disturbing but good. I had to cover my eyes at times but it was an interesting movie for sure.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, Happy Monday!

No comments: