Tuesday, April 14, 2009

More Rings & Movie Reviews from the Weekend

Thank you for all your sweet comments last post, you guys are awesome!


I told Jeff he's created a monster, I sent him THESE yesterday! They're my new favorites! Hee hee hee...



We got out of class early last night (by 8:00) because our teacher was sick. It was probably a good thing because we were soooooo confused by the material she was covering we wanted her to STOP! I have another test this Monday so I'll be studying this weekend for sure. I'm already getting nervous about it, of course.


I'm still loving P90X! I'm doing the Lean version, I think some of you had asked about that. I'm also adding in some cardio classes at the gym when I feel like it such as BodyAttack, BodyCombat, Cardio Tennis. And I'm also running whenever the weather is nice. So I guess I'm kind of just doing my own version of it and using it as an extra workout each day! I've stopped using the DVD and I just use the book that came with it that has all the moves listed out. I tend to push myself harder than when I'm following a DVD. I usually do more reps and move to the next move quicker.


It's just such a fantastic workout. I've had personal trainers and have participated in a TON of classes at the gym and these are moves I've never seen! Some of them were hard the first time I did them but are getting easier as I repeat. I did Core Synergistics while watching The Hills last night and I felt like I was gonna throw up a lung at the end. Always good. =)


Wow, I can't believe it's already lunch time, this day is going by fast! Lindsay, Tara and I are meeting for dinner right after work then going to the Junior League meeting. Regular meeting for me, Lindsay and Tara are considering joining and are going to the informational meeting. So I'm looking forward to that. I wish they would mail out our placements for next year, I'm curious!



I keep forgetting to write about the movies we watched this weekend. On Friday, we watched "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". This was one of the most haunting, effective movies I've seen all year, possibly in my whole life. It's a Holocaust movie so obviously it wasn't all rainbows and sunshine but it was such a good movie. Another thing I really liked is that there really wasn't a lot of blood and gore like most movies that cover that time period. The end however was extremely unexpected and tragic. I couldn't stop thinking about it for about a day. I usually judge a movie or book on how much I like it by how much it affects my outlook on life. I think this is the true purpose of making a movie or writing a story.



I really urge you to rent this movie, when you're in the mood to watch something like that. It's an amazing story with very dynamic characters that makes you question a lot of things in life. There is also a really good discussion guide online, the movie was made from a book. http://www.boyinthestripedpajamas.com/


So the NEXT night, to kind of balance us back out, we rented Open Season 2. Now, usually, I don't like getting sequels of cartoon movies bc they usually aren't nearly as good as the first (example - Shrek 2 & 3 can't compare to the 1st!) but this movie was HILARIOUS! If you like dogs you'll love it. I actually liked this one better than the first, they did an excellent job. I cracked up the entire time...of course I had drank about 3 glasses of wine so that may have helped..HA!






3 comments:

LWLH said...

I liked Open Season 1 so maybe i'll check out the sequel! :)

- said...

It makes me laugh that I'm not the only one who still loves cartoons....a la Madagascar!

Anonymous said...

I totally need to check out those movies - both sound good. I love a movie that is a bit deeper and is influential. But fun stuff is also nice too! :-)