Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shedding LB's Just in Time for Bathing Suit Season Kickoff Weekend!

I can't wait for this 3 day weekend to begin! This week has gone by really slow and it needs to hurry up already! I'm excited for the weekend because of the obvious reasons: off work, lake season begins, tanning, friends, fun, etc. But also because it's the end of the tough part of my diet! I've lost about 10 pounds so far and now I just want to maintain and tone up before I go to Italy.
To do that, I'm going to focus on getting some good quality cardio in at least 6 days a week and strength training 3 days. I've had some great workouts lately and I'm already seeing good results so now I just have to keep it up! Which is very easy considering I have bathing suit season and a huge vacation coming up. I'm seeing the most results with cardio classes like BodyCombat and BodyAttack right now so I'm going to try to fit those in whenever I can. I'm lucky my gym offers 2 pages worth of classes!

As far as eating goes, I'm going to continue eating healthy with the occasional indulgence. I'm really going to try to use the concepts I learned from "Naturally Thin", it's a great outlook on eating healthy and listening to your "food voice". I've had the biggest cravings for salads lately, especially with lots of vegetables and nuts so I'm going to give into those as much as possible while it lasts!

This week's workout schedule:

Monday: BodyPump (AM)
Tuesday: BodyAttack (AM) (I was going to go to another class that night but we had a spontaneous Girl's Night Out instead!)
Wednesday: BodyPump (Noon), P90X: Cardio (PM)
Thursday: BodyCombat (PM)
Friday: BodyPump (AM), Lawn Mowing (PM)
Saturday: BodyAttack (AM)
Sunday: Run/Stadium Stairs/Push-Ups/Pylometrics (AM)
I'm excited too, I just got an e-mail from the gym saying they're having BodyPump and BodyAttack Monday morning on the holiday! (yes, it's the little things that get me excited)

We're still planning on being at the lake as much as the weather permits this weekend (it's supposed to rain on Saturday) and we're going to a big dock party on Sunday. Should be a fun weekend!

I went to Victoria's Secret today at lunch to take advantage of the 10 cotton panties for $25, it's a great deal! They also had their makeup on sale for 75% off. I got 2 lipsticks for $3 each! So run down there if you're needing it!

If you get the SOAP channel, don't forget the season premiere of "Southern Belle's: Louisville" is tonight! I'm happy there is a reality show to replace the gap left by Grey's Anatomy for the summer!

3 comments:

LWLH said...

lol..I love that cartoon pic!

quite contrary said...

how in the world did you lose 10 pounds so fast? I need the secret please!

Fitnatic said...

I loved the accompanying pics too! Especially the one that warns about calling a cab.

congratulations on the 10 pounds. bye bye ponds! :)

Everytime I read your blog I am inspired to get off my ass and workout! :)