Monday, May 18, 2009

I'm Alive!

I'm alive!! And feeling very well I must say! I ended up going home and noon on Thursday and stayed there the rest of the week. I felt like I had been hit by a Mac truck and stayed in bed most of the time. It was a gorgeous weekend and I finally started feeling normal yesterday and had the energy to go to BodyCombat. It was fun (and sweaty)! Jeff is sick too but I'm glad we're getting all this out of the way before our Italy trip....3 weeks and counting!!! I have so much to do =(

We had a pretty low key weekend. Friday night we watched "Taking Chance" at my house. It's a pretty sad movie, I would definitely never want that job. While we were watching the movie my doorbell rang and it was my next door neighbor telling me to come look at a turtle. OMG, I have NEVER seen a turtle this gigantic in my entire life! It was huge and it had a TAIL! It was just sitting in the middle of our fence lines! I took some pictures of it but you can't really tell how big it is from them. Anyways, I haven't see Mr. Turtle since so I guess he returned to his mudhouse in the woods somewhere.

Saturday I stayed home all day and did homework and watched Gilmore Girls. I bought another 2 seasons of it! I'm so addicted to Gilmore Girls. I went for a very easy run in the afternoon just because I was getting bored with being cooped up inside. I definitely didn't have much energy and it turned out being a 1/2 walk, 1/2 jog. But hey, at least I got some exercise!

Saturday night Jeff and I went to Jason's Deli for dinner, I was craving a gigantic salad and some soft serve ice cream (not on the diet but oh well). It was sooooo good. I wish I would have taken a picture of it! Spring mix, tomatoes, cucumbers, sprouts, pine nuts, broccoli, slivered almonds, parmesan cheese, and balsamic vinaigrette. So good! They had a lot of new organic items to choose from and also a fantastic roasted red pepper hummus.
After dinner we went to Locomotion, which is this arcade/go kart/put put place. It was really random that we went there, we both hadn't been since we were little kids. But hey, it seemed fun! So we played games and won a ton of tickets for like 2 hours. When we went to the ticket counter we found out that we had 645 tickets but the cute little stuffed animal that looked like Vincent was 1000 =( So I looked around the counter and saw a large family with a lot of kids that were looking through the 5 and 10 ticket items and I gave our tickets to them. They were excited.

The weather is FINALLY gorgeous again. It's supposed to be nice all week and hopefully for Memorial Day weekend! I'm looking forward to everyone coming into town, going out on the lake and out to Dickson Street and going to a dock party on Sunday!
I promise I'll take pictures! I didn't take any this weekend because I looked like death warmed over and only wore makeup and fixed my hair for like an hour!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Is that a picture of you at the top? It looks like a model!
Glad you are feeling better :)Where are you going in Italy?

Natalie said...

Haha, nope not me, I wish!

We're going to Florence, Rome, Cinque Terre, and Munich, Germany!

quite contrary said...

glad you feel better! I love Jasons Deli!

Kelly said...

Haha, well you are still gorgeous of course :)
I've been to Rome, loved it! The food in Italy is amazing but it's okay because you'll be walking so much you can eat as much as you want (says me).

LWLH said...

I'm glad your feeling better!: )