Monday, December 22, 2008

Santa Is Almost Here!

Well, I was right, Jeff couldn't stand to wait and we exchanged presents last Thursday! Haha! He got me an AWESOME new camera (a Nikon D40) which I have been wanting for-EVER!


I love love love love love it! It takes really good pictures, which the only ones I have taken so far are of the cat and the dog so I'm excited to get some good subjects soon.

Look how big Vincent's nose looks with the zoom lens!....


Speaking of good subjects to take pictures of.....I'M GOING TO EUROPE!!!!! Jeff casually mentioned the other night that his parents are taking us to Europe in June this summer...yeah...I picked my jaw up off the floor about 5 minutes after he told me. I kept saying "Really?!! For real we're going to Europe?!" I've never been anywhere outside of the United States so this will be a really neat experience for me. He's since mentioned to me that I have to pack all of my belongings into one backpack, so this should be interesting. =) Most of you know that I am the queen of the $25 heavy baggage fee from my beloved American Airlines.

I've still been fighting off this stinkin cold/cough/sinus stuff this weekend. I don't think it will ever end. And now EVERYONE around me at work has it so we'll probably just keep passing it back and forth between the cube walls....lovely.

So we didn't do much this weekend because I wasn't feeling so hot. We were supposed to go to a party Friday night but instead went and had mexican food at Acambaro (my favorite) and saw the movie "Seven Pounds". It was pretty good. Then Saturday night we went to dinner with our friends Annie and Brian who got married a couple of summers ago and I'm pretty sure we haven't hung out with them since then. So it was nice catching up with them.

I'm slowly but surely winding down this busy day, just waiting on someone to return my phone call and then I will hopefully be done. I'm off work tomorrow (a gift from the bosses) and I'll be heading to Fort Smith tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately, I have to work on Friday but it's cool because Mom & Dad are coming up Saturday to eat dinner with Jeff and I. And we'll get to use the new steak knives that I got Jeff for Christmas, Yay!

Well, I received my textbooks in the mail on Saturday, all FOUR of them that go with my ONE class! I've got my study plan set and I've officially started reading and outlining assignments. Fun stuff I tell you! I like the readings so far, it's a leadership class so I guess it's supposed to be semi-inspirational. I will be taking my books along with me to Fort Smith for Christmas...maybe I'll convince Dad to study for me? Or Penny...

No comments: