Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 4...Cabin Fever Setting In...

I have been sick since THURSDAY! This is ridiculous and definitely not fun. I've been working from home all week so far but hopefully I'll go back tomorrow. I went in for a couple of hours yesterday but went home when people on the other side of the office told me they could hear me coughing. So that was 60 miles worth of unnecessary driving!


I went to my boss' Christmas party at her house on Friday despite my coughing. I wasn't feeling as bad last week but it's gotten much worse since. The party was fun and they have a beautiful home, cute kids, and 4 cats! The fattest one, Sammy, soon became my favorite...


I've been busy getting registerd for grad school. Financial Aid is taking FOREVER but hopefully it will get processed this week so I can get everything finished and start preparing for classes in January. Another guy in my office is in the same MBA program and he's been a huge help in letting me in on all the in's and out's of grad school. For instance, you apparently always have an assignment due on the first day of class! Glad he told me that! No one likes being unprepared =)


I think I'm just about done Christmas shopping. I'm waiting on a few more things to come in the mail but other than that I'm done and my tree is about to overflow with presents. It's very pretty though! Vincent is sad he can't sleep underneath the tree anymore.


We've had some freeeeezing cold weather here this week. It was almost 70 degrees on Sunday, then dropped into the 20's that night and has been in the teens ever since. Cold cold cold...and not good for me since I'm sick! Fort Smith got some bad ice last night. Mom and Dad said they saw a lot of wrecks today. Not good, you guys better be careful driving home today! And don't forget to put Penny's sweater on!

No comments: