Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Resolutions

Not much happened this weekend, except for Mom & Dad (and Penny!) coming to my house Saturday night for a yummy steak dinner cooked on my new grill! Note to self...don't grill in 30 degree weather.

So I guess I should start working on my New Years Resolutions. Yep, resolutionS not resolution. I treat this time of the year as a check-up and usually do a little check-in every 4 months or so. I like to look at all areas of my life and see what needs improvement. So here goes:

Health/Fitness/Wellness:
  • 250 Workouts in 2009 (This is my goal every year and I actually meet it pretty often!)
  • Run 3 5K's and 1 10K (I'm sure Tara & Hillary will help me out with this one!)
  • Eat Healthy - Do my big "Get Back on Track" Diet twice a year (I'm starting it again on January 1st!)
  • Get regular check-ups at the doctor and dentist (I tend to cancel, say I'm going to reschedule and then I forget)
  • Give up sweets again for Lent
  • Run a Trail Run
  • Take more Tennis Lessons
  • Play more golf this year (Dad will help with this one!)
Family/Relationships/Friends:
  • Spend more time with family & friends
  • Have more Girl's Nights & Double Dates
  • Host more dinners at the house for friends (with my new grill!)
  • Have a Date Night with Jeff every week
  • Keep in touch more with family and friends...birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Spritual:
  • Attend regular church services on Sunday mornings, Bible studies on Tuesday nights, and Night's of Worship one Friday out of the month.
  • Read the entire Bible (I'm already about 1/3rd of the way through)
  • Vacation - Italy Trip!! Make the most of it and take as many pictures as possible to document this amazing trip!
  • Blog more about Bible Study/Church Services that interest me
  • Give 10% or more every week to offering
  • STOP WORRYING SO MUCH! (This is a big one for me as most of you already know)
Professional:
  • Get A's in my Graduate School classes
  • Make a study schedule for each class and stick to it
  • Apply for any career advancement opportunities that become available
  • Get as much feedback from peers and supervisors as possible
  • Learn more about each department/job in the office
  • Help whenever and where ever I can in the office
Financial:
  • Stick to budget - 35% Housing, 15% Debt (Credit Card, Student Loan, Car Payment), 15% Transportation, 10% Savings, 25% Other Living Expenses (The Fun Stuff)
  • Save more money after car is paid off
Charity/Volunteer Work:
  • 100 hours Volunteer work (This is a goal that I will fulfill within the Junior League, a volunteer organization I am a member of...www.juniorleaguenwa.org)

No comments: