Wednesday, December 3, 2008

23 Days Till Christmas!!

Can you believe that? The holidays are flying by this year =( Thanksgiving was fun and relaxing for me but not for Jeff! He had soooo much driving to do. Tuesday night we went to Eureka Springs and ate dinner with Jeff's parents, grandmother, his Aunt and Uncle, and their visitor from Ghana, Africa. Her name was Adelaide and she was really funny and had some very interesting stories.

The next day my boss let me work from home thank goodness since we would be getting back late the night before then leaving again that afternoon for Fort Smith. We got to Mom & Dad's late that afternoon and indulged in bloody mary's, wine, shrimp cocktail, filet mignon, and Jeff's favorite, green bean casserole! It was super yummo.

The next day we just kind of hung around the house, watched the Macy's Day Parade, mom baked pies, we went to the club for a HUGE lunch (very yummo as well), then came back and I read my book and the boys watched football. Jeff had to leave that night to get to Little Rock for the football game. I was going to go with him but after hearing the weather forecast, decided to stay home a little while longer. He went duck hunting for the first time Saturday and Sunday! The game was awesome, we had a watch party and Penny wore her Razorback jersey...


Did I also mention she had a Christmas dress rehearsal? She's our little Elf...


Hee Hee heeeee...

So yes, it was a much needed relaxing vacation for me. Oh, and mom and dad drove me back to Fayetteville Saturday (because it was going to snow Sunday) and we put up all my Christmas decorations for the first time at my new house!! I love it, it's so cozy now.


Perty huh? We also put some pretty wreaths with bows on both of my outside lights that are on each side of my garage. I like it!

Well, I hopefully find out weather or not I made it into grad school this week. The suspense is killing me...seriously...I'm super nervous. I just want to know!

I kind of have a big weekend ahead. Friday night is our company's big Christmas party then all day Sunday I'll be at the Winter Dreams Tour of Homes, which is a fundaiser we do in the Junior League every year. It's fun and pretty easy but you get tired of standing up so long. I just hope we have better weather than last year, it was pretty yucky.

I have been totally immersed in my new book I'm reading. It's the newest one out by my favorite author, Wally Lamb called "The Hour I First Believed". It's pretty dark, like all of his books but he is SUCH a fantastic writer. I've gotten through 400 pages in about 3 or 4 days (there are 700 something total and I wish it was longer)! It's a novel about Columbine and it kind of mixes fiction with actual events and facts from the tragedy. I'm hooked, I can't put it down. I was reading till like 2 in the morning Sunday night and my sleepiness has not recovered since! He's only written about 5 books, I wish he wrote more, more often. The last one I read was when I was in high school!

And last update but not least....I present to you....this year's Christmas card!!

No comments: