Thursday, June 4, 2009

5 Days and Counting, I am So Excited!!!

I cannot BELIEVE that we leave for Italy in 5 days! It seems like just yesterday we were counting down the MONTHS and now it's already here. I've been crazy busy trying to get everything we need for the trip, finalize lots of to do lists and packing lists, get things done ahead of time for school, and I've had tons of stuff to do at work and lots of fun events at night and on the weekends lately. I'm gonna need a big ole' nap when I get back from this trip!

I picked up the backpack I ordered and I LOVE IT! I can't wait to get it home and see all the compartments and features. I didn't have time to look through it after I got it at lunch today. Isn't it cute and girly though?!

I've been getting tons of advise from people that have been to Europe which is great because I haven't a clue what to expect. Basically I've been told:

  1. They'll steal you blind if you aren't aware of your surroundings
  2. They'll run you over in the street because they're the craziest drivers ever
  3. Do not wear shorts or jeans because if you look like a tourist you will get taken advantage of/things will get stolen
  4. Make tons of copies of passport, credit, and debit card emergency numbers
  5. Bring water everywhere you go because it gets HOT walking around everywhere
  6. Wear sunscreen
  7. Say a little prayer every time you get into a taxi
  8. Don't forget adapters/converters
  9. The men LOVE American women so BEWARE!
  10. Get ready to find the best deals you've ever seen on Gucci, Armani, Burberry, etc. at the factory outlets!!
  11. Cherish every moment because this is one of the most beautiful places on Earth!!!

So yeah, I can't wait!!

I am however a little uneasy about the flight. I'm not the best flier, sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not. But I've got some medication to help if I start to feel the familiar creeping on of a panic attack (it's the worst feeling ever btw). This whole Air France flight thing on the news REALLY freaked me out.

This has been a really fun week so far. We had Girl's Night on Tuesday night at Louie's to celebrate Tara's last day of teaching before summer break and to celebrate my going to Italy. It was fun, I love catching up with everyone and having good conversations.

Then last night, we had a surprise birthday party for my friend Gina at the Pesto Cafe. It was a hilarious night and I don't think we stopped laughing the entire time. I've got some funny pictures to upload but I don't have my camera with me today.

And tonight Jeff and I have joint hair appointments with Deborah at Dead Swanky! I'm so glad I finally got him to start using my stylist, she's done wonders with his hair, as in, it's EVEN now!! lol

I think we're going to a pool party on Saturday and possibly the lake (if I get everything done in time) on Sunday. My To Do List for the weekend consists of:

  1. Finish Reading and Notes for class (Chapters 7,8,9)
  2. Finish Homework Assignments for Chapters 6,7,8
  3. Study for Midterm (monday)
  4. BodyAttack on Saturday
  5. BodyCombat and BodyPump on Sunday
  6. LAUNDRY
  7. Clean and Organize house for John and Michelle's visit while I'm gone - My cousin and his wife are going to be house/kitty sitters while I'm away! =)
  8. Exchange currency
  9. Finish packing list and decide which suitcase I'm taking
  10. Make a list of restaurants and fun things to do for John and Michelle's visit
  11. Load iPod with new songs
  12. Did I mention study for a midterm? yeah

I think my fun little Polyvore collage I created does a good job explaining what my style on the trip will be like! I'm actually excited to start packing:

Ok, back to checking things off the lists, have a great rest of the week!


5 comments:

Hailey HRH said...

WOW youve got A LOT on your plate lady!

have a great weekend and have fun packing!

Chanel Fashionista said...

oh I am leaving for Europe tomorrow! I can't believe it either, since we have been planning this trip for what seems like forever! Definitely take passport copies, and leave a copy at home in case. Call your bank and credit card companies to let them know you will be travelling so they don't freeze your accounts!

LWLH said...

How exciting..I leave for my vacay in 10 days but I'm just going to lil ol Pennsylvania! : )

Cindy221 said...

wow that is awesome, have a fantastic time:) take lots of photos

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Have a great trip...I enjoyed reading your blog today.
I love all the new blogs
I have found. Quite a unique group.
I love making new blogging friends..
I have several Disney posts already on my blog and have several more to post. Hope you will stop by for a visit.