Thursday, November 6, 2008

She Shoots, She Scooores!!...Or Not

Well last night was "Date Night" so I cooked a yummy dinner for Jeff and I. And of course Vincent sat at the door waiting for any sign of table scraps...we didn't have any though! I cooked a new recipe from my Williams Sonoma cookbook (love that store!). It was Pan Seared Chicken with Mustard Sauce. We also had rice, and carrots with mustard glaze (I have a jar of dijon mustard in the fridge I'm trying to use up if you can't tell!. It was pretty good, I made it a little differently than the recipe called for to try and keep the chicken juicy!

After we ate, we played a game called Table Topics. It's basically just a big block of cards with all kinds of different questions on them. I must share the funniest one with you. It was the last question given to me and it was something like "what is the one thing you've done that you would erase if you could".

So I thought really hard and for some reason a story from elementary popped into my head. I was on the basketball team and definitely not very good. I think I was about 4'5 at that time so that would explain most of the problem! We were playing a game against some really hard school from some random small town as usual. And if I can recall correctly, I believe it was a pretty close game. So we were going back and forth across the court turning the ball over, and finally, out of nowhere, I got the ball passed to me!! So there I was thinking "yes, I got the ball! it's my time to shine!" So I turned, lined the ball up with the goal just like my coach had taught me, shot, and SCORED!! From half court!! I was so excited and had a huge smile on my face, then I looked at the crowd....

I noticed they had really weird looks on their faces... then i looked at my team members... same thing. What is going on? Come to find out... I made a basket for the other team...yeah...from half court. I think I cried for about 2 days. So THAT my friends is the one thing I would erase! And that is probably why I chose cheering from the sidelines rather than being in the game for the rest of my life!

So dinner was good and the game was fun, then we watched "Get Smart". It was pretty funny, the plot seemed kind of silly to me but I guess it was supposed to be like that.

I'm excited for tomorrow night. Tara and Hillary and I are having Girls Night at my house (they still haven't seen it yet) so that should be fun! They're training for a half marathon and they're coming over after their run so hopefully they won't be too tired! We'll probably just eat and watch girly movies and hang out, pretty low key, that's what us old people do now.

Other than that I will be studying, studying, and um....studying.

No comments: