Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hello Family & Friends!

Hey ya'll (As we 'Arkansans' say)! I've decided to get on the blog board and start one of my own for my family and friends to stay in touch during these busy times! It's a fun way of sharing pictures, thoughts, stories, and weekend updates.

A lot has been happening lately...I've been super busy at work gearing up for the holiday season. Sara Lee sells a LOT of holiday items and we're working very hard to get them into Wal-Mart so they can sell sell sell (and we don't run out)!

I've also been studying for the GMAT. =( I take it Monday after next and I'm EXTREMELY nervous about it! It's a very hard, very competitive test. I'm most worried about the math section, of course...never has been a strong subject for me. So I've been spending lots of lunch hours and weekends in the library with my nose buried in a test prep book.

I got a new kitten a couple of weeks ago! She was found at Jeff's office curled up by a door outside in freezing temperatures. She was so weak from starving that she couldn't even sit up to eat. We took her to the vet and they couldn't even draw blood from her because she was only 1.2 pounds (and they estimated her to be 12 weeks old, aparently they can tell stuff like that from facial features). It was scary but Jeff and I have been feeding her and nursing her back to health and she's now doing great! I weighed her last night and she's now up to 4 pounds! She's very playful and purrs all the time. She's the sweetest kitten ever and I love her so much already! Oh, and her name is Millie! Vincent gets a little jealous of the new baby taking away his mommy's attention but they're fun to watch together.



I can't believe it's already November! The holidays are right around the corner (the big one's anyway!) I'm excited because my bosses gave me an extra day off the week of Christmas as a gift! That will be nice to spend a little extra time with the family!

Well, I guess I should touch on the topic of the day...the election. No, it did not turn out the way I wanted it to...but my new motto for this election is "It is what it is." That's really all I can say. I think it's important also to remember that "together we stand, divided we fall". We need to come together as Americans now more than ever. I hope this trend of disrespecting the most honored position in America stops and we just focus on what is ahead. We touched on a very fitting verse last night in Bible study and it has been with me all day...
"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks. Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority, so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, for he wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus. He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. This is the message that God gave to the world at the proper time." - 1 Timothy 2:1-6




No comments: