Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today's Workout: Weight Circuit at Noon

I've really been hitting it hard in the gym lately so I thought I would start posting some of the workouts I've been putting together. I basically type everything out before I go to the gym, print it out and tape it onto a 4x6 index card (so that it's a little more durable) and then take it with me so that if I get tired 1/2 way through the workout and forget what comes next, I have it right there with me! Nerdy I know, but you know me, I plan EVERYTHING =)

So for today's workout, I did a weight circuit with a lot of variety focusing on pretty much every muscle group. I was sweating profusely at the end so trust me, it's a good one.:

Natalie's Weight Circuit #2 - 10.20.2009
Circuit 1
:
Kettlebell squat swings x 15
Push-ups x 15
Pull-ups x 15
Back lunge w/ front kick x 15 each leg
Repeat x 3

Circuit 2:
5-1 Side to front raises x 5
Tricep push-ups on weights w/ row x 8
Shoulder presses w/ hand weights x 25
Bent-over rows x 25
Repeat x 3

Circuit 3:
Kettlebell triangle pose reach down w/ shoulder press (each side) x 12
Medicine ball swing around each way x 10
Bicep curls w/ cables x 25
Cable tricep pushdown (1/2 way then full) x 25
Hamstring curls x 25
Repeat x 3

Circuit 4:
Balance ball reverse crunches x 15
Push-ups on balance ball x 15
Balance ball V-ups x 15
Repeat x 3

**Repeat x 3 = 1 hour workout/Repeat x 2 = 45 minute workout











4 comments:

Kelly said...

Awesome- I love how you plan it out. I should really start doing that. How are you liking the kettlebell? I am taking a class of kettlebell right now and some stuff I like but other moves I just really don't get haha.

Jane said...

Wow, I need to follow your workout plan! Sounds like a great workout!

Natalie said...

Kettlebells are fantastic! They work your body in an entirely different way than regular free weights, and they really push your fitness and endurance to another level.

I'll start tracking my actual workout details on the sidebar starting next month!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! I tagged you for an award too!