Saturday, August 8, 2009

Yes, I'm Alive!

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted! I apologize =) My life has been ridiculously busy lately so it's nice to relax and connect with my bloggies! I have a lot to catch you up on....I've asked my oldest childhood friend to be my Maid of Honor, Jeff and I are currently going through the process for us to join a new church, my new job has been CRAZY busy but I love it, we're working on a huge project at my house outside, and Jeff got baptized last Sunday! See? Lots!

So, first things first. My friend Aubrie has been in my life literally since we were both born. All my baby pictures are with her and I love her sooooooo much! I'm glad that in the business of our lives we can still get together and it always feels like we're just sisters meeting up to hang out. She was very excited when I asked her and there were a few tears shed by both of us! I have one more person to ask but I won't see her till October and I want to ask everyone in person so it will just have to wait till then!


Jeff and I have been going to classes and meetings with the pastor to become new members of Central United Methodist Church! We've both been going there off and on since we were in college but about a few months before we went to Italy we decided that it was the church we wanted to join and the church we wanted to get married in. We get to do the official joining at the service on the 16th and we're very excited!!


Jeff also got baptized last Sunday! It was one of the most touching things I've been a part of in our relationship and I'll remember it forever. I cried like a baby of course! After the ceremony we went out to lunch with my parents and I gave Jeff a BEAUTIFUL European leather study Bible NIV edition with his name engraved in it. I'm very jealous of it! My parents got him a really neat men's devotional too.




Work has been crazy busy but finally started slowing down a bit this week. We finished our modular relay so the hard part is behind us (but comes again in January!) and now I'm learning the other side of my job, lots of analytical reports, Access databases, things like that. I really love it so far. I was so bored with my old job, it's actually nice to be busy and feel productive again!


So, onto the BIG PROJECT! There are currently about 6 guys including Jeff, his dad, and my dad outside right now working on our pergola for the 3rd weekend in a row. It looks awesome and it should be done tonight! I'm currently searching for some nice looking furniture to put out there but it's all so dang expensive! I want to get a new, bigger table and chairs, and a conversation set. They're laying the rock right now and it should be completely set by tonight. I'll try and get some good pictures of it after it's completely done tomorrow and post them for ya!





Tonight we're having the official "Parent's Dinner" at my house! Our mom's will come up this afternoon then we'll all get to cooking and enjoy a nice meal together. They've all met before we've never really had time to sit down alone all together, it's mostly been at birthday parties and things like that. So it will be fun, then we'll go to church tomorrow, I'll do homework, and hopefully get a little sun and reality tv time in?! =)

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Y'all make the cutest couple ever!! So great about the Baptism. That's the most important decision he will ever make!! Have a great dinner.

LWLH said...

Wow you have been a busy girl since you been away!

Congrats to Jeff on his baptism! :)

Suzanne said...

I was wondering where you had been lol! Congratulations on all the wonderful things happening in your life right now! Everything sounds just wonderful and Pete and I are both so happy for you! (And yes, he reads your blog, too lol)

Hailey HRH said...

i was beginning to wonder about you!!

congrats to jeff - that is super exciting. and you will love love love being a member of central. i miss that church so much! i became a member there when i was in 3rd grade and its going ot be near impossible for me to find a church that i love as much as central!