Sunday, August 23, 2009

Pergola Party

Well the big backyard project is finally DONE! Except for getting new furniture because the stuff we wanted was out of stock. But we can always register for that later on next spring right? Yay for wedding registries!

On Friday we got the scoring and the staining of the concrete completely done and I am SO happy with how it turned out! It almost looks like a pretty decorative rug.


So to celebrate, we called friends Friday night and told them we were having a short notice Pergola Party on Saturday night! Jeff brought his table set over so we would have a couple of seating areas and we had bagg-o, burgers, and beer! It was a really fun time and I can't believe I didn't take one picture! My camera was sitting out the whole time but we were talking so much I just kinda forgot, I hate when I do that!





Let's see, to catch you up on the week...
  • Jury duty sucked but thank goodness I wasn't selected!
  • I signed up for an adult dance class that starts in September. It will be on Thursday nights and will be a combination of ballet, modern, and hip hop. I'm excited!
  • I hosted our first Junior League Public Awareness committee meeting at my house on Wednesday night and it went really well. We have such a good group of girls on our committee this year and I'm so happy to be Vice Chairing such a great committee!
  • I finished up my last class of the summer semester on Thursday night with a final presentation and paper. Unfortunately my new class starts TOMORROW =( Accounting hell...here I come.

I hope you're all having a great weekend. I'm off to church with Jeff then Lindsay, Tara, and I are going to BodyCombat this afternoon. Tah tah!

7 comments:

LWLH said...

Look great, and it is cool that it kinda looks like a rug...never saw that done before! :)

Melissa said...

Wow! It looks so good!!

ty said...

cuttte patio! and you have to tell me how the dance class goes, i've been wanting to do something like that!

Meagan said...

i love it!!!

Hailey HRH said...

you and your body combat classes! i bet you are in amazing shape!

the concrete stain looks great!

Jane said...

Your back yard looks gorgeous! You really did a great job.

Suzanne said...

That's so great you're taking a dance class! I danced growing up and minored in it in college. I miss it! That's such a good idea to find an adult class!