Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Today's Workout

I had intended to take it easy for today's workout since yesterday was a tough one with my trainer but I still had a pretty good workout today at lunch...

Weight Circuit

Circuit 1:
15 lb. dumbbell squat snatch x 20 each arm
One leg side squat w/ leg raise and reverse fly x 20 each leg
50 lb bench press x 20
Repeat x 3

Circuit 2:
On core board, punch with dumbbells x 12 both ways
With back leg on core board, lunge and swing medicine ball side to side x 15 both ways
20 lb. Kettlebell swings x 20
Repeat x 3

Circuit 3:
Stability ball hamstring curls x 16 each leg
Med ball side hits x 20
Stability ball reverse crunches x 16
Repeat x 3

4 comments:

Fitnatic said...

Hey Natalie, just a quick question. HOw much cardio do you get in in a week? How are your trainer sessions going? I am thinking of signing up for personal training myself.

Natalie said...

Training sessions are going really well! I've had 8 so far with this new trainer and I can tell a HUGE difference in how lean I'm getting now. It's very important to find the RIGHT trainer.

I do cardio with every workout but I don't do the treadmill or cardio equipment or anything like that. I circuit train which mixes weights with cardio. The kind of training I do workout out all the fast twich muscle fibers which is way more effective and efficient than other kinds of workouts.

Fitnatic said...

That's the kind of workout I am doing. Example barry's bootcamp and thirty day shred. I just feel like I am not getting enough time in to burn calories for the weight I need to loose. I love working out fast twitch muscles and its a heck of a workout. I just feel that I need to add in mroe cardio as I am not loosing any weight so far.

Maybe a trainer will get me where I need to be. Any pointers for finding a good trainer...any red flags in your opinion?

Natalie said...

My biggest pet peeve with trainers is if they don't mix things up often. And of course if they don't push me harder than I can push myself. I look for a trainer that shows me new ways of working out that I wouldn't be able to figure out how to do on my own.